Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Window Alignment

Good Day
I am new to this forum so please understand if I ask some basic questions that may appear simple for others.

I have a 2001 A6 4Dr. My rear passenger window does try to go up /down. However, When closing the window (rolling up) it get about 4-5 inches from the top and it appears to be crocket and it looks like it is out of the track (my guess ) I found a couple of places on how to remove the door panel so I'm OK with that. The motor is working.

Can anyone tell me what the cause may be and how to fix it? Do I need any parts?

Thanks

Mr Max

Old 06-10-2014, 04:14 PM
3rd Gear

I have the same issue with my rear drivers side. Research points to a defective or broken window clip. They don't sell them for the rears, only for the fronts. If you stop the window just before it jams, you will probably see it is a little misaligned (tilted) in the track. When it gets tilted, it encounters resistance and starts back down as a safety feature. I straighten it out by hand and then guide it to the closed position (so it does not tilt and jam again). My long term cure was to stop using the rear window. Lately that has been a pita because my A/C compressor is dead, but she is mostly my winter driver so it has not been a huge deal. Now, a recently failed fuel pump was a big deal because she no go without fuel. :-) Had that replaced (at 230k) and all is well with the A6 again.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:33 PM
RGT
1st Gear

my long term solution was to only put the rear windows down if my daughter is back there to help guide them on the way up.....