Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would really appreciate help of any knowledgeable ones out there with the 2.8ATQ A6

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 AM
1st Gear
Default Would really appreciate help of any knowledgeable ones out there with the 2.8ATQ A6

Can you guys help out if you know where i can get these parts for my ride. I want to do alot of upgrades but, it's just kind of hard to find parts for my car. I came from a BMW 3 series then traded it for a Lincoln Aviator 'coz me and the wife are about to have our little one soon and needed a bigger ride for the baby. I switched cars with the wifey so, i now have the AUDI A6 2.8. Trust me!!! If i would've known that the Audi was going to be mine. I would have bought the 2.7T or the 4.2 in the first place. So far, i bought new wheels for the car. I have the 19x8 RS6 replicas from Lakeshore with a 30mm offset. They fit good! I want to lower the car but,the gap from the inside part of the tire to the upper control arm is not even an inch apart from each other. Is this going to end up rubbing if i lower the car??? I really think it is rubbingright now but, someone told me that if it's not rubbing now then it shouldn't at all coz the upper control arm should be movingWITH the tires. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT ON THIS...... Well, these are the other upgrades iwant to get for the ride.

1. RS6 type side mirror covers
2. an exhaustsystem/muffler for a 2000 a6 2.8
3. can i do the tip code 00032 to my car???
4. lower it if i can without any issues of rubbing... i have 19x8 30mm offset rs6 replica wheels 235/35 tires. how many inches can i go? should i get atleast a 5mm spacer for it now just to make sure that it's not rubbing at any time???

I would really appreciate any help on this.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33783/6E8C5DC43F7E444EBCD678DCDBA6B44F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-18-2007, 11:07 AM
SSn
1st Gear
Default RE: Would really appreciate help of any knowledgeable ones out there with the 2.8ATQ A6

Not related to the topic, but imho, going to have kids soon and you are thinking about customizing your car?????????
What does your wife thinks about all that? Most of my friends with families can barely afford to meet their autos mechanical needs... May be you are crazy rich ior something. But then again, rich people usually don't waste their time on making fancy stuff, they just get the car they like.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:43 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Would really appreciate help of any knowledgeable ones out there with the 2.8ATQ A6

I was going to resist chiming in too but since you did...

I never realized an A6 was unable to seat two adults and one infant. Good thing you bought an SUV, what happens if you have another kid, is there and Excursion in your future? Sorry for the little rant, but see no reason for an SUV simply because you have a kid. Don't even get me started on an Aviator, of all the pieces of .... you could have bought you bought a....oh nevermind.

Enjoy the car. I do.

Jeff

Old 05-18-2007, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

alright.. alright... first of all for SSn, my wife is actually into making the ride look nice. she actually wanted me to trade it in for a 2.7t coz' she likes the sound of turbo while driving and faster of course but, i just didn't want to go thru the hassle of selling it and then looking a new a6 with the risk of buying something that might cause me alot of headaches.i decided to keep the 2.8 coz i've had it for awhile and i knowthat it is invery good condition inside and out, mechanical or electrical, over all. And let me tell you something, maybe just maybe, your friends need to get a better job that will pay well so, that they can afford things they enjoy in life. I'm not rich but, i can say me and thewife are well off to be able to spend money on things we like eventhough we're having our first kid. we budget our money and we don't spend money we don't have. As for you Jeffla, my wife's the one who wanted the SUV and i think the Aviator will fit more baby things like for example the stroller, portable play pen in the back of it better than the audi. The reason why i sold my 330 over the audi is coz the audi has more space compared to the bimmer and the dealer gave mea really good deal with the trade. And for your info, i've had the aviator for quite awhile nowand, i'm really happy with it over all (class and comfort... check it out). It's made by ford but it's actually nice. my first american car and i can say i'm very satisfied.

C'mon guys, all i'm asking is help from you guys here. Let's get back to the topic if you can help.... Nothing personal to you SSn or Jeffla but didn't need to criticize me. After all, it's my money i'm spending, not yours... I earned it so, i should be able to spend it the way i like right?

Old 05-18-2007, 01:49 PM
1st Gear

First off, you'll have guys that are smart ***es on this forum but they are really helpful when it comes down to it.
First off, the RS6 covers you can find on ebay. They're just chrome covers. Other wise you can seach a few sites like www.awe-tuning.com
They have some good stuff that may help you. They offer exhaust systems to small accessories.
As for the lowering, you shouldn't have a problem. I would go any lower than 1.25 due to the upper control arm, but in my opinion I would do a set of 18's and then lower it but it would be your choice, everyone has their own taste. But yeah do more research on lowering the car with 19's.
Good luck

Old 05-18-2007, 03:35 PM
1st Gear

All i can say is wow people, let him do what he wants to do, last we checked we live in the land of the free!
Audiboy- Nice car dude, mine looks just like that but with the stock rims, i have one question for you, how is the ride different since u put those 19's? is it REAL rough? or is it still nice and smooth like the stock (super fat) tires? I get too much jump IMO with the stock rims and tires, sorry if im hijacking ur thread just wanted to know, as for your questions i found this website https://www.audiforums.com/m_177186/tm.htmit should help you out a bit.

BTW - Aint nothing wrong with American cars, as far as comfort and overall trucks go, they kick anyones ***.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:47 PM
1st Gear

EnviedA6 --> thanks alot for your reply. I actually just got back from the audi dealership to pick up the touch up paints for my car and ended up talking to one of the sales manager up there. He approached me when i wa about to leave andtold me that i needed to drop the car. i told him what was stopping me from dropping it was coz' of the upper control arm gap from the tires and he said if it's not rubbing now then, it's not going to rub at all... He has the same setup on his ride too... so, that's clear with me... WOOHH!!!!

And to you, teranenrique, thanks for your reply too... that link is just what i need... and having the 19's is not as bad as what alot of people is saying.. i don't how comfortable they want their ride to be but, this is just perfect for me... It almost seemed like i didn't put low profiles...

Old 05-18-2007, 09:06 PM
SSn
1st Gear

Yea, my friends need to get better jobs as well... You are right. Actually they get enough money they just cannot spend it the right way, everybody owns thousands of dollars on their credit cards and so on [:'(]
Didn't mean to anoy with my bla-bla

I'm a mechanic, not into customizing at all, can not be much helpful here, only thing I know about lowering (suspention itself) - make sure you have enough clearance. I rub the ground with bottom cover, going off certain driveways, with stock springs and little lower then stock wheels. that's not good.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:51 PM
1st Gear

I have the same car as you audiboy, except silver on black. I have 19 x 8" privat netz with a 35 mm offset, 235/35/19's all around, so far no rubbing. I previously had 19 x 8.5's with a 42 mm offset, 235/35's, and the upper control arms did rub on the inside of the tires. the new ones dont seem to rub at all though, and i have eibach lowering springs installed. The ride (in my opinion) is still pretty smooth ( i also have stock shocks/struts installed). Ive rode the stock 16's on for winter, and it seems pretty much the same from the 19 to 16 IMHO, I just think the 19's handle so much better. hope this helps.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 PM
1st Gear

thanks zebinheimer, i think that will do it. I'm good with the suspension upgrade now. I think i should be good. If not, then i'll just buy a set of 5mm spacers and hopefully that does the trick if it rubs on the inside.thanks to you all again!!!!