Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

Audi A8 Not Starting - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A8 Not Starting - Help!

Hello,

I am new here to the forum and have searched all of the related posts regarding my issue. I cannot find a clear cut answer and need the expertise of the members here on the forum. Please help!

I recently bought a 2004 Audi A8 from a auto auction that does not start (Silly Me) The car is a stolen recovery that was purchased from another auction and then I assume the person that bought the car either relisted the car in an auto auction as is OR put all of the stolen parts from the theft of the vehicle back in - including possibly the cluster, ecu, interior etc. I am not sure if the original cluster or ecu are still in the car or if I have the replacements in the car. The car even came with a key - the car does not start at all the mileage shows on the cluster and is deemed accurate.

My question is, how do i get this car running? Here are my questions:

1. If this car has the original Instrument Cluster - then I would be able to read the SKC from the cluster and that would help right?
2.If this car has the original ECU - then I would be able to read the SKC from the ECU and that would help right? I know it is possible to read the SKC off the Cluster but is it possible to read the SKC off the ECU?
3. What if the Instrument cluster is not the original? I would be able to read the SKC of that cluster but I would then have to match that pin code to the ECU pin code correct? Or the other way around - I would have to match the SKC off the ECU to the cluster and then reprogram the keys so that the car would start?
4. Is there anyway to install a new immobilzer at Audi? Where they can remove the old one and install a new one and then program it with a new SKC code? Or can I get a used immobilizer and then install and match pin code to cluster and ecu?

What do I need to do here? Is there anyone in New York that can help me? The problem here is that I have no idea what the previous owner did after the car was recovered after the theft and I have no idea on what was stolen if anything or what was replaced. I was stupid and bought the car thinking that it didnt start because the battery must have died and the keys need to be rematched/reset with the immobilzer but know i see that the person who sold the car probably new it was more in depth and requires more attention and money! Please help anyone!