Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Battery drain - Power Windows?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 08:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Battery drain - Power Windows?

I have a 2001 Audi TT Quattro, and over the last several weeks I have been having an annoying drain on my cars battery. If it sits a couple of days I have to jump start it. When I'm working and drive it a couple of times a day, it starts like a champ. I have noticed some odd behavior from my windows. One time I got in and put my key in the ignition, and the windows started making intermittent noises like it makes when going up or down. It was suggested to me that my windows could be the source of the battery drain. After that I would hold the window button to open or close as opposed to flicking the button to let the automatic function take over. I had one day where I held the button down and the window moved a couple of inches and stopped. I let go and then held the button again and it moved a couple more inches. That repeated until I had the window closed. I spose my main question is does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to test if the windows are in fact the culprit? Any help is appreciated.