Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

DV & VTDA installed today....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:04 PM
2nd Gear
Default DV & VTDA installed today....

I installed my VTDA and Forge DV this afternoon. Thing is, the stock airbox had this hose on the left side of it (if you're looking at it from the front) and I dont know what it goes to or what to do with it now. hmmm

Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Default RE: Extra hose on VTDA install

Its for the secondary air pump that draws air on start-up. Just use the included foam cover and zipties to cover the end and ziptie it out of the way.

You can see mine in the next 2 pictures:

Old 04-25-2007, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Extra hose on VTDA install

Wow, Im a dumbass. I ordered the vent ring adapter AND the VTDA at the same time and the foam thing and Zip tieswere in the packet with the vent ring adapter so I didn't think it had anything to do with the VTDA. I was like "wtf is this?! a microphone cover?!"
*cough*
Anyhow, the install was pretty easy. I had the VTDA and DV installed in like... 20 minutes I believe. I'm holding off on the turbo inlet hose for another day when I have more daylight though. It looked like it probably wouldn't be as easy. That thing goes pretty deep in there.
I'm a bit concerned though. My TT 225Q is chipped (APR) and I opened it up earlier today on an open highway (in Korea... and no cars on the road), and had it up to 140MPH in 5th @ around 6600rpm. After the install of the VTDA and DV, I didn't open it up top end, but the acceleration seems to be less "throw back in the seat"ish and the boost seems to kick in a little later now than before. I hope I didn't lose power. I do like the sound of the DV though, and I didn't get a CEL or any weird sounds or other symptoms. -shrugs-. It does kind of sound like its sucking air through a smaller hole though. Maybe that's just because now I can actually hear it sucking... or maybe I need to put the turbo inlet hose in.