B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Speedtuning chip group buy! 30v and 1.8t

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Dallas09
Does that 150 cover return shipping and how do we send the payment if we decide to do it?
Payment will be sent to speedtuning themselves. I am not sure about the shipping but that will be known as soon as I get the list of people together and send it to speedtuning.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:24 PM
2nd Gear

Alright sounds good, I was just hoping it was, because previous group buys have been like 125, but they did have to pay for shipping.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:33 PM
y^0
1st Gear

Originally Posted by somebody5788
Haha nice what part of indiana you from?
lafayette, over by purdue (wish i was near IU though)

Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by y^0
lafayette, over by purdue (wish i was near IU though)
Nice. I'm moving to Muncie in August.

I'm sure we can hit up some Indy meets together.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by somebody5788
I need to put together an Excel list with names, addresses, phone numbers and exactly what you are driving, model, year, stick or auto. If you could provide this info so I can start the process officially that would be appreciated.

Please PM me if you are pretty sure your in.
Nic, you should know all my **** already. Except for my addy; if you knew that I'd be a little worried.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 AM

Ok guys explain to me, Im new to the Audi world... Im an EVO guy (was an Evo guy), How do these chips work, whats the stock hp and torque on the 2.8

Old 04-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Guru

On the 30v it's 197hp @ 3200 rpm and 207 lb-ft of torque @ 4000 (I think)rpm. What chips generally do is put a slightly more aggressive tune in the computer and generally require premium fuel.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:40 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by airguard350
Nic, you should know all my **** already. Except for my addy; if you knew that I'd be a little worried.
Ya I already had your name, phone, and car info. Don't have your address. I probably have your email but idk for sure.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:48 AM
2nd Gear

Please do some research before you jump into this. Forum members have been extremely disappointed with their Speed Tuning chip and the customer service Speed Tuning Offers. This chip does not compare to GIAC/REVO/UNITRONICS. Why am I doing this? Because I don’t want to see anyone get burned again by this company.

See for yourself:

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
...all the people that have had nothing but problems with their ST chip and the ones that got bent over by being told they would get NO refund...
Originally Posted by ambig1.8t
So i got my SpeedTuning chip in the mail about an hour ago (group buy), excited as i was i went outside and plugged in my ecu and let it sit for about 10 min with the key turned (not on).

Anyways to the dissapointment, I went for a test drive only to find that my car feels exactly like it did before the chip! So now im confused? I dont have a boost guage so i cant tell you what psi im at but it feels exactly like the normal stock sluggishness.
Originally Posted by Broncoman75
yeah! like me I got bent over by ST and im seriously thinking about giving the GIAC a run.
Originally Posted by ambig1.8t
Same exact deal is happening with me. After my ST chip
I can't tell any difference in performance. POS
Originally Posted by erikas3
You can't really expect to get the equivelent power out of such a cheap chip when compared to bigger companies like APR and GIAC. I can say that as I just installed mine about an hour ago..
Originally Posted by oettinger1919
you get what you pay for...
I have already seen other people post that they had problem with the Speedtuning chip and then were told they would not get a refund, after that they went to a GIAC chip and the car ran perfect. If a tuners product is perfect and is just a product that just happens to be a copy that they put in each car then why would they not refund a customer that was having nothing problems? That is not how you back your product as a company.
I did just that 8 years ago with the APR chip I had in my car and then swapping to a standard GIAC chip that was in a friends ECU. I dropped .3 of a second with the GIAC chip on the first run.

I have owned the 1/4 mile A4 K03 record for 8 years with a 14.29 at 97 mph. Let me know when a A4 with the ST runs in the 14's.
Originally Posted by Tweaked
This engine and software has been around long enough that a quality chip-tuner such as GIAC can squeeze the most out of your setup. Copy-cat burns like SpeedTuning will never be able to push your engine safely to the max... because they didn't write the software. I still can't believe so many people jumped on a ST group buy when they have notoriously caused nothing but issues and have been regarded as poorly tuned chips and do not achieve the boost levels of GIAC.

GIAC also offers customer support and discounted upgrades for K04, GTRS, and other BT files including GT2871r and GT30 setups. No reason to wait, even if you are considering a larger turbo in the near future.

GIAC additionally offers TIP chips and 1998-2001 V6 30v software as well as 2000-2002 S4 software (looking into V6 30v to see if group buy can be expanded with this option. Please post here is interested with model info.)

ST offers, uh, Ceramic Oil. It makes your oil more slippery. So you're going to trust your software to a company that sells "Power Lube," A.K.A. "Snake Oil"?!?

There are a lot of chip-tuners, but GIAC has a great reputation with Porsche, Audi, VW, and BMW. AWE offers good customer support in conjunction with GIAC's high-quality software.

Ditch your ST and APR chips and jump on this group buy!!!

If they have your A4 application listed here, please express interest and info can be forwarded to AWE to request to add to group buy:
http://www.giacusa.com/software.php?make=audi&modelid=2

p.s.... has anyone actually looked at ST's website? See for yourself and compare:

AWE (selling GIAC)
http://www.awe-tuning.com/

GIAC Software
http://www.giacusa.com/

SpeedTuning Software
http://www.speedtuningusa.com/
“I have noticed that more people have been saying they have problems with the chip they got from them, not sure if it has been more of one year vs another. What I did notice that is a few people have said that when they asked for a refund because ST was not able to get it to work right they were told Sorry no refunds period. I am starting to wonder if ST is offering a copy of someone elses chip and are not able to actually tweak the tunes their self.

Maybe the low price reflects that it is a copy and why they give no customer service after the person has bought the product.”

“But the truth is that when someone comes out with something so much cheaper then everyone else it is nearly always a copy of someone elses work since they didn't have to do any actual R&D to get to the finished product. Hell even Neupseed bought a expensive machine that allowed them to decode other tuners stuff so they could copy it. Mika did the same thing with Revo Tuning.”-Mike

Audiforum members are not the only ones to have bad experiences:

99.5blacka4: i was chipped by oliver, i drove to baltimore to his shop.
It was a great feeling for literally 5 hours.. the hr and a half drive home, the few runs nic and i got in and then i went home and went to bed.. next morning.. 11psi was all she'd give me. i had no leaks, no bad valves, no codes, NOTHING.. wanna know why? Cause I swapped in Nic's (Laser Vikings) ecu and his giac chip held better on MY car then his. I also swapped in Lee's (1SharpCactus) Neuspeed ecu and held what he held all day long.
I went back to Oliver 4-5 times. Sometimes he'd reburn the EPROM with his 'stage 2' chip and once he told me he'd give me the stage 1 1 bar just to see if its my car of not. Guess what, that chip was fine, the down side, it was pig rich, i'd go through a tank with cruise on in 250 miles while blowing black smoke.
Went back acouple more times, once or twice with Nic in tow and once with Matt in tow.
I got told 'you have the timing and fueling for 20psi, i can see it right here, just get a MBC'.. guess what, i did and it ran lean as **** and my GIAC chip i have now, pulls harder OFF the mbc then my ST did ON the mbc.
After excuse after excuse and no refund (ya know, had i of gotten the product i asked for, i wouldnt of cared, but 1 day, the chip was bye bye.. everywhere else offers a 30 day money back.. not oliver, its a '**** you' guarentee.
I am not the only one with this issue.. i know 3 ppl locally who have had this and yes FeeCock, we all have boost gauges and know how to work on our cars a hell of a lot better then you.
Thats my take on ST.
dont waste your money, go elsewhere.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4505317
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...uning+problems
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...ght=giac+group

Old 04-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Guru

I did some research and found a Volvo forum where a lot of the guys were pretty pleased with the chip for the money. Granted, they said that if you wanted anything above stockish performance that ST wasn't the way to go, but for we 2.8 people I think the ST chip would be a good option. From what I've read ST is a little bit of a gamble but since I have a 2.8 if it doesn't work I'm not really losing anything, just $150, which trust me, I'll get my money back anyways.

Quick Reply: Speedtuning chip group buy! 30v and 1.8t