B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Test-fit time - wheels on the car:)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:26 AM
4th Gear

lol @ shiny-side-up!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Only drawback is that my A8 front brakes no longer look big, and my rear brakes look like DVDs. They'll still look better once the calipers are cleaned up and repainted though.
Wheels look great on your car! You could always go with an even bigger brake upgrade on the front! Cayenne 330 calipers. You'll have to read through the thread, but they work on the s4's. The 350's are a little too big for the TSW's...

http://linusolu.com/dieselgti/brakes...0_0487.med.JPG

Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Brandon - thank you for that link, I'll read through tonight. To the rest of the forum, dieselgti was the seller of these wheels. I said so in an email to him but I want to publicly say that it was a perfect, no-worries transaction and I'd happily buy from him again - no misrepresentation or skewing of anything and very pleasant to deal with. If you're buying something in the future and he's selling it, buy with confidence. You'll be very pleased.

Dieselgti - damn you lol. You do realize that having that braking info is just gonna cost me money right?

Old 02-18-2010, 12:19 PM
3rd Gear

Devil....I'll admit I had reservations in my mind how they were going to look, but you completely blew that right outta my mind. Those wheels really tie your car together, just like my rug ties my room together(any Lebowski fans??).

Your car looks sick...I can't wait to see it up close this spring. Hopefully I can find some new shoes for my baby and show them off to everyone as well.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Definitely PM me style and price info and I'll look around as well - you're not so far away that if I found a set here, it'd be easy enough to meet up with you to hand em off.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

Devil, I was in the same boat as Drunk; I didn't think too much of those wheels after seeing the initial pics but after seeing these pics...wow! They look great on your car...can't wait to see spring pics after a detail, some spacers and back end drop.

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...=135911&page=5

Not sure if you saw this thread a little while back but I talked about swapping out the Vmaxx springs for stiffer, aftermarket progressive lowering springs. It's been over 6 months with my Vmaxx/Intrax spring combo and I would never think about putting the old Vmaxx springs back on.

Regular Vmaxx ride quality at a low height is par at best and the stiffer springs really made a difference in handling and control at a height that looks good.

Anyway, something to think about before you adjust the ride height.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Administrator

I've been thinking about putting H&R race springs on my Vmaxx struts but I'm glad to hear about Intrax too. I had 1.5" Intrax springs with KYB AGX adjustable struts on my 300ZX and loved them. I agree on the Vmaxx springs - ride is smooth and compliant but the rears bottom out way too much. We've done so many spring jobs around here that I'll drop the rear for now and look at the spring replacement in the near future - I want stiffer springs than the Vmaxx to keep my fender edges out of the tread. Thank you for the info

Old 02-18-2010, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

That looks sick son! Nice find!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Looks awesome, Jeremy. Glad you're happy with the purchase. I wish I could pony up the cash for some wheels this spring but I need brake pads, rotors, brake lines, 2 control arms, and lower mouldings first lol. I'm excited to see what things look like when the weather warms up and you get them on, get the thing washed and get the coil overs cranked down. Good ****!

EDIT: how are you gonna go about rolling the fenders? The baseball bat method or a legit fender roller? I can haz DIY?

Old 02-18-2010, 05:48 PM
2nd Gear

Let me know how that VMAXX/H&R Race combo goes (this spring). I'm pretty interested in seeing if that will get the rear lower than 24.75" GTF.

Quick Reply: Test-fit time - wheels on the car:)