B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

The OEM style Navigation units instead of OEM

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:32 AM
1st Gear
Default The OEM style Navigation units instead of OEM

I have been researching the RNS-E and older OEM navi units to put in my 2004 A4 Audi. I keep running into these "OEM style" units on ebay and from china on other websites. I call them OEM style though the only thing OEM is the fit. They are made to fit right into the place of the factory radio and look OEM. They all claim to be plug and play with no modifications at all to be done to the car. When emailing one seller, he stated the LCD between the gauges will still show RDS station, track information with his Navigation system. He said Can-bus was built into the unit itself. I am just curious if ANYONE has tried any of these head units and what do you think of the quality, fit, and performance of these units? They offer lots of features not offered on any factory Audi unit without adding expensive adaptors etc.. Bluetooth, ipod compatibility are just a few of the options. ANYONE with experience with these, please chime in and tell us all what you think.

I prefer to buy a true OEM unit than get junk, I don't care if it looks OEM, if it sounds like trash and performs poorly, I will just pay the extra and get true OEM> thanks.

Here is a link to one of the head units I am describing.
http://www.tradesolution.hk/e/ptxweb...ge=6&brand_id=

Old 09-28-2010, 06:15 PM

What brand are these units??? Under where it says LCD panel it says Panasonic? but then under laser it says Sharp not sure if that is the brand or what. I would like more info on these units also.

I have a question tho, IF one of these were to be installed in a A4 would you loose the bose sound system??? i'm guessing so??, and I do not want that. I love the way the bose system sounds and I have had many high end aftermarket sound systems and I would much rather have the bose sound system.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:10 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dandefronzo@gmail.com
What brand are these units??? Under where it says LCD panel it says Panasonic? but then under laser it says Sharp not sure if that is the brand or what. I would like more info on these units also.

I have a question tho, IF one of these were to be installed in a A4 would you loose the bose sound system??? i'm guessing so??, and I do not want that. I love the way the bose system sounds and I have had many high end aftermarket sound systems and I would much rather have the bose sound system.
I just replaced my OEM symphony radio with one of these OEM style navigation units that I purchased on ebay..it came from china. It looks like a perfect OEM fit with many more features than OEM. I posted a thread explaining how to install the unit. I think I am going to be satisfied with the unit.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 PM

hey, was just wondering how that unit is working out??? Hopefully good ?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:55 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dandefronzo@gmail.com
hey, was just wondering how that unit is working out??? Hopefully good ?
I love it. It has about everything you can imagine, looks oem and I couldn't be happier. Even the Bluetooth with built in mic works great..everyone says it sounds clear when talking to them.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:09 AM

What about the Bose system do you still have that? Was your sound quality affected at all?

Old 11-07-2010, 10:01 AM
1st Gear

i have been looking to get one of the also and they claim that they are compatible with bose system and steering wheel controls. it looks like the only thing they don't do is support sat radio. they come with bluetooth, rds radio, ipod cable, navi, dvd player, navi antenna all for around 550-650. back up camera can be added for an extra 25