B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Sirius Satellite install 2007 B7

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:02 AM
1st Gear
Default Display question

Excellent write-up thank you.

I have a few questions regarding info displayed:

1. In SAT mode, do you see Artist/Song on separate lines (i.e. will the Song show on the middle line in bold and the artist underneath), or does the song/artist scroll on a single line ?
  2. Currently, without the SAT receiver, my radio displays Artist/Song/Channel scrolling on the middle line in bold - once you installed the SAT receiver, did it affect the terrestrial radio display to show the song/artist split on separate lines?
  3. Do you have any pics showing the display in activated SAT mode, as well as in Radio?

Also, I've heard the unit will also work without the splitter, not sure if you've tried to see the difference.

Cheers !

Last edited by rockblock; 05-20-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Certified

You didn't have to do the jumper harness switch over in the passenger kick panel....?

Interesting. Its what supplies power to the module thru the factory harness

Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Certified

oh you did. i missed that part.

thats great considering that module is like 400.00

nice work around

Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Audi Tek
oh you did. i missed that part.

thats great considering that module is like 400.00

nice work around
Thanks. I have noticed though that there might be something wrong with the antenna. My signal cuts out often enough for me to get frustrated, and it seems like it is linking an awful lot. Don't know if it is the fin that needs to be replaced, or if the wires are plugged incorrectly.....

Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rockblock
Excellent write-up thank you.

I have a few questions regarding info displayed:

1. In SAT mode, do you see Artist/Song on separate lines (i.e. will the Song show on the middle line in bold and the artist underneath), or does the song/artist scroll on a single line ?
  2. Currently, without the SAT receiver, my radio displays Artist/Song/Channel scrolling on the middle line in bold - once you installed the SAT receiver, did it affect the terrestrial radio display to show the song/artist split on separate lines?
  3. Do you have any pics showing the display in activated SAT mode, as well as in Radio?

Also, I've heard the unit will also work without the splitter, not sure if you've tried to see the difference.

Cheers !
These are great questions, and I will try to pay more attention to the display.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:15 PM
1st Gear

Nice write up on the install. I bought my audi back in february and called sirius to hook it up. I couldn't get any signal and was wondering if the box was actually pulled out. Well today I actually had time and was sick of listening to regular crappy radio and decided to pull it apart and find out. The box was there and I checked the connections and all were tight. I checked the can bus and everything was switched up there correctly. I called sirius to get a signal sent again and this time it worked. I have read elsewhere that if you disconnect the battery that will reboot the system. I did have the battery pulled out to remove the leaves and pine needles from the drain holes. So if anybody does have an issue try disconnecting and that should do the trick.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:57 AM
1st Gear

Surprizingly enough, I have found that this write up has been used by people on other forums as well! Glad it is working for other people as well.

Do any of the mods think this can be moved to a DIY section or something?

Old 08-09-2012, 01:48 PM
1st Gear

TC...when i installed my box, i got "call sirius to subscribe" with the can-bus in the stock position; no sound. When i moved the canbus, i got the old message that i got before i put the box in: "this vehicle is equipped for simplified install...". What am i doing wrong, if anything?

Old 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by steve53mg
TC...when i installed my box, i got "call sirius to subscribe" with the can-bus in the stock position; no sound. When i moved the canbus, i got the old message that i got before i put the box in: "this vehicle is equipped for simplified install...". What am i doing wrong, if anything?
This is a great question. If you have the canbus in the correct position, you should be good to go. Are you in your garage? Make sure you are outside!~

A couple of other things. I don't know if you are running exactly the same set up I am. Like I said earlier in this thread, it worked for me, but may not for others depending on options, head unit year/make etc.......

Last edited by Toasted Coastie; 08-09-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply, TC...I have the nav unit in my '06 A4cab. I found the canbus already in the forward position. I was concerned that even though I got a positive message on the screen, I wasn't hearing Sirius promo stuff. My buddy checked his Corvette with expired Sirius, and he got no sound either. I'll try calling to subscribe tomorrow and see what happens. Perhaps they can shoot me a signal for test purposes. One thing; the mounting sled in the cab is different...it is plastic with no pre-drilled holes and it is the devil to get out of the sidewall! Thanks again, it was your write-up that convinced me to add the satellite rec'r. The D models, for nav seem to be quite rare and fetch around $250 or more. If you are patient they are around ebay for less. This one cost me $97.00. For some reason it seems that the ones that are pulled from VW's cost a bit less.

Quick Reply: Sirius Satellite install 2007 B7