Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Elk Grove Audi

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:23 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down Elk Grove Audi

I call my local Audi dealer and ask if they have any brake switches in stock. They do and ask me if I want to make an appointment to have one put in, and tell me that they can get me in any time Monday, what time would I like. I tell them that I can be there by 9:00 AM and they get me booked. The the price I got over the phone for the part and labor was $90, and the job should take about 20 minutes. I was fine with that.

Here is where the trouble starts. I get the car in to them at 8:30 Monday morning for my 9:00 appointment. The service guy tells me it will be a while before they get to my car because there are a few people ahead of me. Though I was confused how that could be, I didn't say anything since I had a lot of errands to run before I went on my trip so I didn't need the car rite away. I sign the paper that morning that now says the part and labor will be $65. I'm thinking, cool, thats a little less that I thought it was gonna be. Before I go I tell him that I also want him to check a couple of other things on the car and I was told thats not a problem. Several hours go by and I haven't heard anything so I call the dealer back and ask for some kind of finish time on the car. It's about 1:00 PM by this point. He says we have the part in stock and it is going to be $130 to get it put in, then asks me if I want them to do it. At this point I'm getting mad. I told him, yes I want you to do it. Thats why I made an appointment with you that you seem to have lost. Thats why I gave you the car and said I want you to put a brake switch in. Thats why I'm calling you asking if it is done yet. Now how long will it be before you do it. He says it will be done around 3:00. I get a call about 2:45 from the dealer telling me that the car is done and I can come pick it up. When I get there I'm not so happy with them already and I ask them why I got two different price quotes, dicked around all day, and then ended up paying twice as much as the first two quotes. Hes answer was that it was about $60 for the parts and labor, plus $60 for the time they spent inspecting the part to make sure that was truly the problem. I told him I didn't ask you to inspect it, I told you to replace it. He then says, well if we replaced it and that wasn't the problem then it would have been on us so we wanted to make sure that was the problem first. I then asked him how there were a few people in front of me when I had a 9 AM appointment and I dropped the car at 8:30. He had nothing. I then asked him if he looked into the other things I asked him about before leaving and he says oh, I forgot, hold on and I will check for you rite now. When I picked up the car he gave me a paper saying the belt has ware, the back brakes have ware, and given the mileage on the car suggested some other things as well.
Seems to me while it was in the shop they were more interested in charging me for more things that they could find, rather than taking care of what I brought it to them for.