Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

1995 Audi A6 (Bose System) Stereo replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 12:02 AM
1st Gear
Default 1995 Audi A6 (Bose System) Stereo replacement.

Hi all! First of all, this is my first post on the forum so, I hope I'm doing this right and posting in the correct place. On to my issue... I own a meticulously kept '95 A6 station wagon, I love this car. Unfortunately my radio recently ceased to function. I've checked most of, if not all, of the obvious issues and I believe it's fairly safe to assume that it's just dead. I've considered picking up a stock replacement from Shokan but on the same token, I use one of those tape-deck converters so I can listen to my music, and I go through those things like crazy, so part of me thinks it's time to upgrade to a unit with an Aux input. Through my research it seems that I've come across some people saying that I would have to change my speakers and my wiring (which I find a little far-fetched), People saying that I just need to bypass the Bose amp, and a few people saying that I should order from Crutchfield as to get the wiring harness that I would need for the new stereo. Honestly, I'm very confused by all of this and this is not familiar territory for me at all. I'm just looking for some expert advice as to what options I have and how I should go about this replacement. Thanks in advance for your help!