Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Abs module replacement DIY?

Old 07-02-2017, 05:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Abs module replacement DIY?

I have a 2004 A8 with a bad Bosch 5.7 ABS module. I sent it back to Module Master and they were unable to repair it and said it will not communicate (I've had this problem with relationships in the past, but never an ABS module).

i have been able to identify multiple used / salvage abs modules with the same part number, but am unsure if there is any other programming that would be required after install? Would anyone know if I would be able to do it in VAG com, or if a dealer is required? Using the search function I found a few references to needing to get numbers off of the existing ABS computer, but just like my ex's it won't communicate. Any idea how much a dealer would charge?

I appreciate any help!