Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

door lock problems please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 PM
1st Gear
Default door lock problems please help!!

Alright guys I just bought this car a week ago and I am having some problems with the car. But the one that I cant figure out is the door lock issue. They worked fine for the first week then sat they started acting up. Early today they would lock and and unlock using key, but nothing with keyfob buttons. Then it wouldnt lock or unlock using either, but when I hit the key fob buttons to lock the red light would flash like the doors were locked. When I hit the unlock button the light would quit but locks still do nothing. Now they want do anything at all. I cant even get the gas lid open to get gas. Please help, I have no idea and the closet audi dealer is 2hrs away from me. The car is a 2001 s4. Thanks Nick.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM
1st Gear

Alright guys here is a little update. After fooling around with the car a little more. This is what is going on now. The key fob is making the red light come on when you try to lock the doors and turns if off when you try to unlock them. It does the same thing using the key. So I crawled in the trunk and listened and the pump is runnig. I pulled the pump out and pulled the vac lines loose and hit the button and there is no vac, or pressure coming out. I bought this car on 4/17/10 and there was a date wrote in sharpie on the pump 4/13/10. I remember the guy telling me they had a problem syncing the key with the car a couple of days before I drove down to get it. It all makes since now this is a junkyard pump. And the reason it didnt synce is because of this. He tried to tell me it was because the battery was unhooked for so long. And the other problem is I only have one key, so this is gonna be a problem. He told me they pulled the door panel and did something to trick the car into thinking there was a key in there so they could program it. What should I do? open to opinons. Thanks Nick. Oh and if I have to get another pump which ones can I use? Does it have to be for this specific year and make.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

sell it and get a better car lol

Old 06-05-2011, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dilith
sell it and get a better car lol
Thanks for the advice bro. I did that exact thing months ago and havent looked back. That car was the biggest piece of **** I have ever owned. Fuicking german cars...

Old 06-05-2011, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

ya i need to do the exact same thing maybe buy a toyota corrola