General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

07 A3 2.0 Stalls, sputters, limb mode, ESP and EPC lights on.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 PM
1st Gear
Default 07 A3 2.0 Stalls, sputters, limb mode, ESP and EPC lights on.

It started with the ESP light coming on occasionally...it would turn off after driving for a while. Then one day the car stalled, I turned it back on and ESP and EPC lights were on. The car was still driving but very slow....when I pressed the gas the RPMs would go up as if speeding up, but no speed. I turned the car off and back and all lights were off and car was driving normally. This keeps happening. ESP and EPC lights come on. sometimes is stalls, sometimes it sputters as if running on only 3 cylinders or something, or like a lawn mower with a dirty carburetor. I turn it off and on a few times and everything seems normal again. However, when all lights are off there is still some sort of issue with the power control ever since the EPC came on for the first time....when initially pressing the gas from a stop it seems like there is no gradual acceleration for the first few feet...almost as if the car realizes too late that I'm pressing the gas and tries to catch up. Any ideas? I have read MAF, brake light switch, o2 sensors, camshaft position sensor etc....but all those seem to ave abs, chk engine light etc on as well.

I have not had the codes read, trying not to get robbed at the stealership...but may be running out of options and I have a feeling this is going to be a let's replace the computer and see what happens kind of problem. ...and that not being it of course...

Thanks in advance.