General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AUDI S5 B8 - Airbag Failure [Resistance too large on driver side with (B10001B)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 07:38 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy AUDI S5 B8 - Airbag Failure [Resistance too large on driver side with (B10001B)

Hello,

I really need some support regarding my issue here... Some days ago my airbag lamp came up, I ran the diagnostics with OBD Eleven Pro and it said: "Resistance too large on driver side with (B10001B) failure code" I tried to Google and use YouTube to get some tips and tricks and locate the problem today. However, I found all these cables under the driver seat with the yellow module and other cables. Everything seemed fine there, I tried to touch them to see if someone was off. from what I've heard it could me something in the steering wheel too? Everything else is working with the steering wheel, horns etc. That's one of my issues...

Issue number two: When I was done trying to locate the problem and started up my car, and to my surprise my MMI screen was totally blacked out. I tried to restart the car and reset the MMI, nothing... Could it be the battery that needs to be charged or did I really messed up? I haven't run the OBD here because I was so tired of this car-bullshit...

I really need some tips and tricks for tomorrow that I can try. I'll try to drive for a while and see if it comes back, if that doesn't work I'll charge the battery. But I really need some advise here on issue 1 and 2. I'll upload some screenshot, but I don't know if that'll be helpful.

THANK YOU.