General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Immobilizer and key fob

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Immobilizer and key fob

Hi all,

here is my story.
I bought a used key fob from ebay, and I didn't realize that I have to switch the metal flip blade as well as the transporter clip.
so I triggered the immobilizer on my car. I had my car fixed by the dealer which only 3 keys has been programed (key fob, metal valet key fob and emergency plastic key fob).

1. Am I able to clear the immobilizer locked by using rosstech vagcom in case I trigger the immobilizer again?
2. Now, I have my 4th key installed with the proper transporter clip (not 100% sure), is it possible to program this key?
3. Do I just program the 4th key or I have to program all keys altogether?
4. Is there anyway to find out transporter clip has been married to my car? (I am not 100% sure if I installed the right transporter clip in the key fob; i dont wanna spend another $150 to re-program my keys)

a4 b7, possibly a gen 3 or 4 immobilizer

Last edited by alonebb; 02-08-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by alonebb
Hi all,

here is my story.
I bought a used key fob from ebay, and I didn't realize that I have to switch the metal flip blade as well as the transporter clip.
so I triggered the immobilizer on my car. I had my car fixed by the dealer which only 3 keys has been programed (key fob, metal valet key fob and emergency plastic key fob).

1. Am I able to clear the immobilizer locked by using rosstech vagcom in case I trigger the immobilizer again?
2. Now, I have my 4th key installed with the proper transporter clip (not 100% sure), is it possible to program this key?
3. Do I just program the 4th key or I have to program all keys altogether?
4. Is there anyway to find out transporter clip has been married to my car? (I am not 100% sure if I installed the right transporter clip in the key fob; i dont wanna spend another $150 to re-program my keys)

a4 b7, possibly a gen 3 or 4 immobilizer
you need to take it to the dealer for coding, if the used key has been married to a car before, you cannot use it. once the chip is encrypted, it cannot be coded to a new car.

the rosstech vag com can do it to a new key/unprogrammed key if you some how manage to obtain your SKC/PIN code for the immo. but AUDI will not give you this information.