Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Intake Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator
Default Intake Questions

Hey all,

I've asked this question once or twice on different forums and never really recieved an answer i was satisfied with. So here goes:

I drive a '97 A4 2.8QM 12V that currently is bone stock, save some cosmetic stuff. Obv. i know the 12V does not lend itself to performance mods, but I've heard that an intake/cone filter makes it sound cooler lol. So thats my motivation.

I bought a nice polished aluminum intake setup with a K&N cone filter. However, I bought online from a speed shop in FLA, and they haven't been very helpful answering my questions, me thinks they don't know/care.

The stock air box has the stock ICM on top of it. Its dark, otherwise i'd take pics for those who don't know what that is. My question is, what do i do with it when i put the intake in? Does it need to stay in the car? Does it need to stay close to the MAF? I do have VAG COM so I can scan/clear codes if need be. I just don't want to rip out the stock intake setup and all that and have it crap out on me, then have to put it all back together anyway.

I'm going to be fabbing up a custom heat shield over the winter, and putting the whole thing in the car in the spring when it warms up a little. Any advice/tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Nevermind, did a little pokin around on here and other forums and found my answer. Mods, delete if you wish :-)