Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

dvd player

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:29 AM
1st Gear
Default dvd player

I was wondering if anyone knew how hard it would be to install a dvd indash player into a b5?

Old 05-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Default RE: dvd player

are you getting a fold out or a 2 din build in one...i think the 2 din looks best and thats what i have in mine. the 2 din looks more stock like the car came with it and it looks tons cleaner...but its shouldnt be too hard just a matter of taking out old radio and installing new one..but thats a given...

Old 05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Administrator

I did a fold-out last month, and it's a piece of cake. Only one wire more than a regular CD head unit (for the e-brake safety wire). Not a hard install at all - the biggest pain is getting all the various cords, connectors, and harnesses out of the way inside the dash as you slide the player in. The one I got has two sets of pre-outs for amps, plus a dedicated sub-out, the antenna connection, and a connection cable for the aux box (the one that interfaces with iPod and XM radio), plus the normal stereo harness - there's a ton of crap on the back and you need to guide the unit in carefully so you don't pinch or damage anything. But from a straight-up install angle, it's very very easy. As vegetarian said, doing a double-DIN would be more difficult of course, but I agree that the effort would probably be well worth it. Myself, I'd rather keep the fold-out unit because I can put the screen away and look like it's just a plain old aftermarket deck.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:43 AM
1st Gear

Hi Everyone,
I'm Linda Chen from China Putian RuiSeng Industry Co.,Ltd.
At present,Our main products areAuto Rear View and Parking Sensor System,Car DVD(with Two Din/One Din/In Dash/Headrest/Roofmounted),Car Monitor,Car Camera and so on.

Our DVD systems and Monitorhave pass the CE and FCC certificate.We have passed the ISO9001 international quality control system authentication. We have an outstanding R & D GROUP,which enable us to provide the most innovative security and safety products in international market.
We have been in this line for seven years the main advantages of our products are fashion designs and special functions good quality and competitive prices.

If you have any questions regarding to our products,please feel free to contact us and visit at Http://www.ruiseng.com.

Thanks for your time read my post.
Yours sincerely,
Linda Chen (Foreign Trade Department)

Putian RuiSeng Industry Co., Ltd.
E-mail:sales@ruiseng.com
Http://www.ruiseng.com
Msn: ryjoan@hotmail.com
Tel: (86)-594-2215180
Fax: (86)-0594-2215190
Mobile: (86)-13959515085
Add: 22# Ruilong Lane, LongQiao Street, Chengxiang District,
Putian City, Fujian Province,China