Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What im thinking...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default RE: What im thinking...

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

My GF comes from a very religious family (Catholic) and she is very religious, I on the other hand am not religious, at all.. but we are in love, and we both respect each others beliefs, it has been working great for 3 years now
I'm in the same situation as Red, w/ roles reversed. My family and I are Catholic, and my wife is not from a very religious family.

However, before we got married we discussed these important issues such as if we had children (and we now have a daughter whose funny mug is my avatar LOL) how they would be raised.
We had an understandin, and my wife is very supportive, and attends mass w/ us, etc.

Just be honest and talk about how important it is to both of you...

Old 03-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Administrator

BTW, your daughter is cute as hell, is that a dart in her mouth? LOL

Old 03-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

BTW, your daughter is cute as hell, is that a dart in her mouth? LOL
Thnx ! yeah its one of those magnetic ones (as opposed to the sharp one found in a pub )
she's such a ham... used to be so hard to get her to sit still for a pic, now she poses and everything.
she's a crazy mix too - because I'm of Filipino descent, and my wife is half black & half white... LOL -
what a mix...

Old 03-15-2006, 03:18 AM

Personally i think im with what the other guys are right. It doesnt matter that u guys are different religions. BUt u guys are lust at different levels in ur faith. If u look into any religion deep enough there are stages in religion and believing there is a God doesnt usually come until 30s -late 50s and could even go beyond that. I think it is like Erikson's theory or sumthing like that. We learned it in my religion class. The most important thing is that u can respect each other beliefs.

On a personal note, i am part jewish and part catholic (which conflict), both my parents believe what they do, but allow the other teh freedom to believe waht they want. I grew up, that when i get to a point in my life i can choose which religion or belief i want. I grew up with 2 religious traditions and learned both religious back grounds. At this point in my life i can only say im agnostic (dont believe in God nor do i believe there is no God). I believe i will reach a point in my life where i will find something in my life that will in which i will decide it.

U should sit down and compare ur beliefs (not religions),and talk about how u would raise ur kids IF it ever was to reach that point.