S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

another first audi question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 AM
1st Gear
Default another first audi question

So I would be trading my 1996 328is with 230k modified Plus my old dirtbike for this guys s4. I need some input here as it is my first Audi.. I am mechanically inclined and absolutely love BMW's, but I want to give Audi a try. Here is the craigslist post word for word;

" top of this post is for people who dont want to read, the bottom is for people who are actually interested in the vehicle which they may purchase: to those of you who have seen the post, i have a BRAND NEW RS4 CLUTCH KIT to go with the car i just received it, it just needs to be put in

2001.5 audi s4 6 speed twin turbo v6 160k miles PROS: running driving car aftermarket wheels new tires coilovers- h&r subs high performance chip (340+ hp) custom intake and exhaust clean title- second owner all routine maintenance ALWAYS performed EARLY with special order german parts for more details read below CONS: small crack in rear bumper from city parking, small dent in front drivers fender from catching tire before they were rolled needs dash pixels fixed clutch needs replacement is actually the pressure plate that just wont hold up to the power, i could take the chip off and sell it like that but i try to be honest quarter sized tear in front seat bolster from the keys i keep on my belt loop very slightly leaking valve cover gasket drivers side cv boot is torn and clicks slightly while turning and accelerating

Now for those who want to read: Nice Audi S4 2001.5 6-speed manual with 160k miles on it. I'm second owner first owner was a family from Germany and was primarily driven by the owners wife with her child in the back. Needless to say it was not abused and i cleaned quite a few cheerios from under the rear seat when i got it. however, THE CLUTCH IS in need of replacement the car runs and drives but will not hold any gear over second at more than half throttle, this is a result of the extra power and is actually the pressure plate, i HAVE BEEN DRIVING IT THIS WAY WITH NO ISSUES FOR OVER 8 MONTHS NOW its completely driveable. a new RS4 clutch and pressure plate is INCLUDED WITH THE SALE just needs to be installed i just got it and will install it if noone picks this car up. i have lowered the price 3 grand from my asking price because of this, nobody has money right now but im sure someone has 6000 for this car. i am absolutely firm at $6000, i got a 7300 dollar offer and turned him down before my clutch issue and he moved on. at this point i will be accepting offers at or over 6000 im moving to southern california and need to sell.

Highlights: -CLEAN TITLE, nothing from previous owner, only 2 fender benders from me, a guy who slammed on his brakes in front of me on a right hand green light while staring in his rear view mirror then tried to sue me for back injuries, that paid out $73 dollars from insurance for a scratched license plate filler respray, maybe 2mph accident, and one that scratched the front bumper and scuffed a headlight from an idiot pulling out in front of me when i was in the carpool lane, professionally repaired, 20mph accident, paid out $740 from insurance for new headlight and bumper paint - new ko3 turbos and transmission due to synchros at 100k -GIAC chip $500 -full custom straight through 2.5 inch exhaust with piggie pipes(gutted pre cats) and stock cats $300 -Custom built intake - new timing belt(second time its been done), engine seals (front and rear main) and wheel bearings 10k miles ago $1600 - cold weather package, heated leather seats, moonroof -custom built aluminum shift **** on a lathe $100 -Motegi mr118 18x8 wheels with new Nitto neo-gen tires less than 5k miles $1400 - custom s4 front bumper with shaved headlight squirters and repainted after accident $1200 - h&r height adjustable coilovers with track springs all around sitting at 2.7 inch drop currently can go up to 1 inch lift if you want $1100 -depo e-code headlights $600 -kenwood amp and 2 10inch alpine e-codes in custom box in the trunk $400 thats $5600 in upgrades not including maintenance along with the $600 dollar rs4 clutch and pressure plate i am including

Only bad with the car is a leaking valve cover gasket which only drips once about 5 mins after startup, and what is listed above, and the typical aging of paint and interior on a 10 year old car which is not considerable. Come check it out yourself I have tons more I could tell you about. 8 out of ten exterior 9 out of ten interior"