S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

DIY Cat Back *Cause DIY is not working*

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 11:39 PM
2nd Gear
Default DIY Cat Back *Cause DIY is not working*

I was looking around and did not see a good write up for putting on your catback, these are old pics so some are missing. As far as how hard it is, I would go with 3 like changing your plugs it just sucks and I dont want to pay someone to do it. These are the tools I used, air wrachet with 17mm head, liquid wrench white lithium, jack, jack stand, and lots of blue throw away gloves.

1. Jack up your cat in the back right and put a jack stand in place, now you can jack up all four wheels but I was lazy and stoped there.

2. Use some liquid wrench and soak the coupler bolts down so they come off easy like you live in the south.

3. Use a 17mm socket and crank away on those suckers mine broke very easy, with air tools, if you have to do it by hand might need a rubber hammer to get it started. Once all the nuts and washers are off the coupler set them in a good spot so ypu wont lose them like me.

4. Now start taking off the exhaust from the back to the front I also put some liquid wrench in there to get them out, worked like a charm. You can also spray WD40 on the rubber hangers and it will slid out like butter on corn. As you go back your exhaust will start hanging and finally rest on the gound.

5. Pull the sucker off from the back of the car with some force and set it next to your new exhaust and look at how small it was.

6. Now comes the tricky part and the part where you will think you will break something, but dont worry you wont. You need to hammer the coupler on to your new exhaust not hard just enough so it starts moving down. Make sure that the coupler is set as far down as it will go.

7. My exhaust came in two peices so i had to place them together I did this under the car cause I was by my self, but if you have help one piece works also.

8. slide the couplers and back half of the exhaust on the mid pipes, and push them on as far as your weak body can.

9. Cause I did mine in two peices I put the exhaust on the rear hanger to keep it off the ground, and was easier to attach the rear part of the exhaust.

10. Now push the two peices of the exhaust together to make your huge one peice exhaust.

11. Hang your exhaust working from the front back, also if you did not put the couplings on far enough you will NOW know and have to take it all the way off to hammer some more, so make sure you put them on far enough. As you are hanging the exhaust some are harder to get on then others dont worry i was using all my force and a flat head screw driver to get mine on.

12. Now tighten the bolts on the coupler and lower your car back down and say wow that was only 30 mins ............. ish

13. clean up and start your car and think damn that sounds good what took me so long to do that.

Cheers,
Paul

Old 07-06-2008, 12:40 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: DIY Cat Back *Cause DIY is not working*

Looks good! What kind is it? And you should make a video so we can hear it.

Josh

Old 07-06-2008, 10:22 AM
2nd Gear

working on it ...... here is one with out sound hahaha. [font="'primasans bt,verdana,sans-serif'"]http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=3446qro&s=3[/font]

Old 07-06-2008, 02:59 PM
4th Gear

Oh very shiny! LOL

Josh

Old 07-06-2008, 05:35 PM
2nd Gear

here is a sound of my car with turbo back, sorry it sucks my camra got wet from the beer last night.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=29nxkcz&s=3

Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 AM
2nd Gear

Nice work man! Is it the SSA turboback setup

btw...the turbo sounds friggin awesome!

Old 07-07-2008, 07:27 PM
1st Gear

WOW thats quiet with great gains I bet... Coming from listening a TBE on a subaru lol

Old 07-24-2008, 07:00 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: meatbiscuit

Nice work man! Is it the SSA turboback setup

btw...the turbo sounds friggin awesome!
yeah it is the ssa