S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Multiple issues. B5 S4

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Multiple issues. B5 S4

Issues with the 2001.5 S4 Avant Tiptronic.

1. No Am Radio Reception with factory radio. What could be causing this? Where is the AM antenna located so I can see if there is an issue on the connections? FM of course is on the roof of the car and drivers far rear Avant window.

2. Headlight washers not working. Could this be the headlight washer pump? The windshield washers work great, wondering if it is the pump or something blocked in the line. Pump is at the base of the windshield wiper washer fluid container correct? I will start the troubleshooting there to see if it is pumping fluid that direction. (I know lots of people disable this but, it is helpful when driving in the snow in the mountains at night in Colorado).

3. Catalitic converters. Might be failing at 140K miles. Where to get replacement ones at a reasonable cost. I don’t have the money to go to a high end test pipe and exhaust system.

4. Looks like the rear cam caps (one on each side) are leaking onto the manifold and oil is burning, already fixed the valve cover gaskets and half moon tensioner gasket. How are these removed and replaced? I have the tiptronic so there is the secondary air injectors/combination valve mostly in the way to access those ~2” diameter bore plugs.

5. No Heat and 80 degree coolant temp at full operating temp. See this thread: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho....php?p=1144701