Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A4 Avant 2002 - Driver and passenger windows opened automatically after locking car

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Default Audi A4 Avant 2002 - Driver and passenger windows opened automatically after locking car

Has anyone had problems locking their car to find that the front windows eventually lower themselves ?

I have had my car for over 3 years via the Audi Select programme in the Netherlands and only until now have I experienced this as well as a fuel guage which sometimes works (I know the fuel gauge is a known issue).

Oh yeah, and the right hinge on my glove box just went (another known issue).

Its a shame as I love how the car looks and drives and will put up with most things but windows that open themselves is a problem for my insurance and means that I cannot leve it parked anywhere public. Luckily I have a driveway close to my house but that's not the point !

[:@]

Old 07-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Default RE: Audi A4 Avant 2002 - Driver and passenger windows opened automatically after locking car

Just got back from the Audi garage. Luckily for me it is a small family run Dutch VW-Audi dealership where they deal with you immediately ... in my case without appointment and worked on the car while I waited.

3 things noted and fixed [ul][*]We had heavy rain and my car sits under trees. Over time my drainage hose became clogged hence the water collection on the drivers side of the car. Fix was cleaning the hose out.[*]Glovebox hinge broken on right hand side. They disagreed that a whole new door needs ordering and fixed it with a replacement hinge for 20euros plus 30mins labour. (This is better than the horror stories I heared in the US of 200USD for a new glovebox door !)[*]Window lowering problem while car locked - They think that my key fob had been resting on something in my pocket which pressed the lock button on the fob activating the comfort locking feature on the car. My key buttons are quite worn through and I am now using my second fob with the car. As a safeguard they have disabled the car door locking comfort feature where when you hold the fob button for 2 secs the car locks but the windows are automatically lowered for if you have kids in the car. Quite honestly I always lock my car with the windows up and never use this feature - so consider this if you have the same problem.[/ul]Will keep you posted if the problem returns ...

The moral is ... forget the large corporate cappuccino VW Audi dealers with real-estate car salesmen and go find a local small VWAudi approved garage that cares about its customers. Or better haggle with the big dealers for the best discounts but get it maintained by a smaller VWAudi garage.

My wife is envious ... her BMW dealership is not so flexible