Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camshaft position sensor and more.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Default RE: Camshaft position sensor and more.......

Okay so.......my car is still at the shop. They are saying that the timing is perfect, the pulleys are working fine, and they have no idea what the problem is. They want to switch the coils from the side that has the misfiring problem with the side that is working fine to see if it is the coils. I am so frustrated with thie whole situation. I have been carless now for way too long. I am beginning to think I bought a lemon.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: sweetsummer

I am beginning to think I bought a lemon.
You didn't -- they're a bunch of meatheads who can't figure out what they did wrong. It's hard to find a reliable Audi mechanic, because so many of them are generic "cars" and "trucks" repairers -- most of them don't have much experience with Audi, BMW, and Merc. Hopefully one of the techs on these boards *cough* auditech79 *cough* can help you out with your problem, because they're very experienced with them.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:33 PM

When you get time, take your car to 303 motorsports in denver. They will be able to tell you what's ACTUALLY wrong, because your mechanic doesn't seem to know.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

i'll second that they dont know what the H is going on. I had a few issues with my car when i bought it, 3 weeks ago, and the dealer kept taking it to a "muffler shop". finally i told him, take it an Audi delaership or I'll drop it off and leave with my old car. it took the Audi guys about 1 hour what it took the "muffler shop" 2 days to figure out.