Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got it working

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:41 AM
Banned
Default got it working

well i finally got my nx ntercooler kit working tonight and that thing is badass. i was reading on audiworld how someone mentioned a theroy and it makes good sense but after seeing my kit work i dont believe it. he said that imagine when u spray co2 onto metal how it ices up so just imagine what it is doing to ur intercooler inside to the passege ways. well i gave my evom intercooler a good few long burst and now frosting accured so i wasnt convinced but the intercooler was deff chilled and will be even colder when air is being passed through it as the kit has the co2 aimed up along the face of the ic so that it hits the air and is pushed back through the ic fins freezing it within. i also have a bar style core which is also prob more benifical considering this guys theroy. bc he is saying that if it freezes up inside it is blocking the flow of air up2 30-35% even know it is colder air the restriction is over shadowing the gains. i dont see how he assumes this when there has been plenty of dyno proven runs with this kit. i payed 275 for my kit. is it worth up2 50 more hp hellz ya and a min 20 another hellz ya. you cant find cams that cheap that will net those gains. thats just my .02 on it since noone on here has ventured that way but alot of people on audiworld have or atleast have asked.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:00 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: got it working

Glad you got it working. can you run a dyno with the cooling "off" and then "on" so we can learn if there is a difference with hP? The group would really like to know if this works and you seem to be the only one who has purchased one

Unfortunately, claims of "up to 50 more hP" are true. "Up to" means the same as "less than or equal to", ie anywhere between 0 to 50.

This term is included in advertising so the company can't be sued for false advertising. Even if the kit is good for only 1 HP, they can say they haven't lied. Most kits with an "up to" claim unfortinately provide changes closer to the lower end of the range, not the upper.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Banned
Default RE: got it working

ya im waiting for my damn shop to get their allwheel dyno in since i only have driving privlages i cant be driving too far away from places plus im still waiting for my exhaust to come in. it should be here in a week or 2. back orders a biotch. but ill wait since i got a borla for 583 shipped.

guys if u want any suspension, exhaust, or exterior for the cheapest prices and half the prices include shipping go to HOPUPRACING.COM