Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

Considering buying 3.2 A5

Old 04-29-2015, 01:25 AM
1st Gear
Default Considering buying 3.2 A5

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum, well sort of. After my last high mileage & no warranty Audi and nights spent on these forms I vowed no more used Audi's with no warranty. I was a young college student back then but now that I'm older and much more mature, well I'm doing the exact same thing all over again.
I'm considering a used 3.2 A5 6MT with 75k miles on it. The dealer has it for 23.2k and all I could do is get it down to 22k; there are no other dealer fees however, just a doc fee of less than $100. I still think the price is a bit much but wanted some opinions. The car does have the upgraded wheels, where the 5 spokes kinda split at the end...I guess navi is stock on that model, bang Olufsen, door lock sensors, etc.
Car seems pretty clean, clean Carfax...3 previous owners with the last owner only having it for a few months. Regular maintenance every 10k miles shows on Carfax up to 55k, but disappears for the last 20k. Car drives well with no apparent problems (but who knows).
Please let me know your thoughts on the price and that A5 model in general.
Any help is appreciated!

Old 04-30-2015, 07:34 PM
DOT
1st Gear

Originally Posted by b0b0
Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum, well sort of. After my last high mileage & no warranty Audi and nights spent on these forms I vowed no more used Audi's with no warranty. I was a young college student back then but now that I'm older and much more mature, well I'm doing the exact same thing all over again.
I'm considering a used 3.2 A5 6MT with 75k miles on it. The dealer has it for 23.2k and all I could do is get it down to 22k; there are no other dealer fees however, just a doc fee of less than $100. I still think the price is a bit much but wanted some opinions. The car does have the upgraded wheels, where the 5 spokes kinda split at the end...I guess navi is stock on that model, bang Olufsen, door lock sensors, etc.
Car seems pretty clean, clean Carfax...3 previous owners with the last owner only having it for a few months. Regular maintenance every 10k miles shows on Carfax up to 55k, but disappears for the last 20k. Car drives well with no apparent problems (but who knows).
Please let me know your thoughts on the price and that A5 model in general.
Any help is appreciated!
For a point of reference, I recently bought a 2.0T, manual, one owner, 29k miles and pretty clean (I'd rate about a 9 of 10, with 10 being like new) for $23k. I'd personally have a hard time paying $22k for a 3.2 with 75k miles and 3 owners given the risk. That said, I love the 2.0T so far, great suspension and overall feel. I think it's slightly underpowered and am in the process of doing some upgrades along those lines. I'd imagine the 3.2 is just as much or more fun (with slightly worse gas mileage), I'd suggest at least test driving the 2.0T if you haven't already, and try to score one with lower mileage.