Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:32 PM
2nd Gear
Default Headlight Issue

New Issue.

Took the A6 on a snowboarding trip this weekend (sooo much fun) and spun out on the ice (not soooo much fun, street tires). On the way back, I was constantly using my brights on and off to avoid blinding the oncoming traffic.

Finally, after getting back to Phoenix and dropping my friends off, I turn on the car and the lights and I get the "headlight out" warning on the display. So I get out and check it and sure enough the driver side headligh is out. The weird thing is, I replaced this headlight about 2 months ago when I first bought the car. I i tap in the headlight assembly and voila the light comes back on again, but then immediately shuts off.

So I pop the hood and remove the cover and mess with the wires a bit to see if maybe the connection had come loose. The lights flicks on then off again and proceeds to never come on again. So I had to drive with one headlight, again.

I went to NAPA and got a replacement buld two days ago, put it in, and the damn light is STILL out!

I don't know what the issues is. A fuse, the wiring harness, whatever. I don't know. I'm not an eletrically inclined guy. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone else has experienced this before. Thanks!

Old 12-28-2007, 09:33 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Headlight Issue

I can tell you it is not a fuse -
At first I was going to tell you that sometimes the filiment in a bulb breaks but if you shake it the filiment will make contact and the light wil go on for a few seconds - maybe even minutes.

But since the new bulb dosen't work I suspect you have a loose connection someplace. It is probably near the headlight assembly fiddle with the wires to see if you can get the light to flicker.

It alsomight be the bulb socket. Make sure the socketis clean and the the bulb firmly seated.

One last possibility - the new bulb might be defective....