Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
Key fob wont sync, now car wont turn over?? >

Key fob wont sync, now car wont turn over??

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

Key fob wont sync, now car wont turn over??

Old 12-09-2017, 03:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Key fob wont sync, now car wont turn over??

Hey all,
I own a 2001 Audi A6 Quattro (2.7L) which I've owned about 5 months now, and it hasn't given me any prior issues and is completely stock. Before work about a week ago I noticed my Key Fob no longer was functioning, so I unlocked it manually, and upon sitting down in it, the alarm went off, and after about 1 minute it stopped. I then drove it about 2 miles to work, and after my shift it did the same thing; no fob connection, and alarm on start up for about 1 minute. I replaced the batteries in the fob and the car still wont sync to the fob, so I would just quickly disconnect the ground terminal on the battery to disable it. I could then get in and start it without the alarm sounding, unless, weirdly, I opened the trunk. If I open the trunk it would reset and I'd have to disconnect the battery again. Now a week later, I was driving and the interior lights randomly came on and the alarm sounded, and so I pulled the ground and all was well again, the next morning however, the car will not turn over. It cranks but does not turn over, what could be happening?? Is it locked in a security mode? Can I reset it?