Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio changes frequencies on start up

Old 09-07-2004, 04:47 AM
Default Radio changes frequencies on start up

Hi Everyone! New to the forum. I found this site quite interesting. I have a 2001 A6 2.8 Quattro. I like everything about my Audi. But just last week, I start noticing that everytime I start the car, the radio station changes frequency on me. It moves about 0.1 up on the FM dial. Doesn't matter which station I'm on. Anyone know why? Everything else works great.

Old 09-07-2004, 03:18 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Radio changes frequencies on start up

Welcome to the forum greenio!

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with the need. I hope you find it to your liking as well.

If you're not familiar with this forum, please click the START HERE! link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.
================================================== ====================================
Sounds odd, but I'd live with it, if it were my car. Then again, if it was changing to several notches up from it's last station all the time, then I'd probably be bitchin', too!

Old 09-08-2004, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

Wow, I'm new here and already found someone in common!

Our '00 A6 just started doing this too. It is sporatic, though. But it is the same symptom, .1 on the FM dial. It is going in for some warranty stuff this week so you made me remember to write it down for them. Thanks!

Good luck on getting it fixed. I'll post back what they say.

-PJ

Old 09-11-2004, 11:59 AM
1st Gear

Ok, anyone with this issue under warranty, take it in. I added this to my list of 9 things for the dealer to check. They said it was a "common issue" and replaced the radio.
We also received a new center console display, new window switches in the rear, new front control arm per recall, new valve cover seals, had the dash wiring recall performed, and some other stuff done. Thank goodness for warranties, that was a 5 page visit.

-PJ

Old 09-11-2004, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear

I'm having that problem too with my new (to me) A6 2.8Avant. It started as soon as I turned off the 'RBDS", which displays the station call letters, type of music, etc. i don't know which is more annoying - having the stations change, or putting up with a rolling banner ad for the radio station.

Old 09-16-2004, 07:08 PM
2nd Gear

Check that......actually mine's doing the same thing whether the 'RBDS' is on or off. One more thing on the 'fix' list.