Sirius radio "Linking" - Page 3 - AudiForums.com

Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
Sirius radio "Linking" >

Sirius radio "Linking"

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

Sirius radio "Linking"

Old 12-09-2016, 10:59 AM
1st Gear
Default Had to replace receiver, no problems since

The note below describes how I finally fixed the problem.

Originally Posted by Zeke13 View Post
I also replaced the Sirius receiver unit. It took 2 different ones to solve the problem, so I would be sure to get one that is tested and said to be working. If you go to the Audi parts dealer with your VIN #, they will tell you what radios will work in your car, Mine was a B (first generation), but a D and N would work as well.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:32 PM
1st Gear

I just purchased a pre-owned 2015 Q3 (I'n in Montreal, Canada) and Sirius radio was working just fine in the first week, then following freezing rain it created the dreaded "LINKING" error message constantly ever since. I called the dealer and they said they have seen this problem in 20% of the Q3's that were brought in recently. It is either a wiring problem with the module or an antenna issue. They will run diagnostics to confirm. They will then have to order the parts and hopefully this will resolve the issue. Should I be getting a new Sirius receiver module?

Last edited by Lalco Tea; 02-11-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:25 PM
1st Gear

Was at the dealer today - they couldn't do a quick diagnostic, said they needed more time (3-4hrs). Great, now I have a loaner. Fingers crossed that have answers.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:48 PM
1st Gear

The dealer performed the diagnosis and in the end changed the antenna and the wiring harness to the module. Apparently, the original wire harness often failed and they are replacing them with a more sturdy version. Since my car is dark blue, it had a painted black antenna and they had those in stock. All done same day, under warranty. Drove home Monday night with my Sirius blasting. Today is Friday and it has been working without issue all week. Hopefully this is a long-term fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sirius radio "Linking"

Advertising
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.