Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

buttons inside door jam

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:18 PM
1st Gear
Default buttons inside door jam

there are two buttons inside the rear front drivers side door jam what are they for one loks like it has something to do with the roof but I'm not sure I just got the car so my manual had to be ordered also How do you turn off the solar venting system . one more qustion I have one working key and plan to order anothe from the keyless guy the moderator used will the key have to go to the dealer
thanks
Greg
Norfolk Va

Old 09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: buttons inside door jam

The buttons are for the interior monitoring system (disable), and the trunk release i believe.
Why would you wanna disable the solar sun roof option? No you really can't disable it, the only way to stop it from working is to take out the relay, but that relay also powers several other systems so thats a bad idea.
You need to go to the dealer to program A8 key fobs.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
1st Gear

I dont want to disable the solar system just wanted to know if could be diabled? the interior monitoring system can you explain it purpose or what it does

Old 09-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Site Moderator

The interior monitoring system is a radar based system inside the car to prevent theft. In other words after you either lock and leave the car for about 10 minutes it will activate the pulsed radar inside the car, so if someone gets inside the car with the alarm active the alarm will sound due to movement inside the vehicle.
Leaving the windows down will make the alarm sound if the wind gets inside the car, (its very sensitive) so the button on the pillar disables that feature so you can leave the windows down without the alarm going crazy. You have to hit the button everytime you leave the car to disable the system. If you wanny try to test the system roll your windows down and lock the car, wait a couple of minutes then wave your hand inside the car, the alarm should sound.