Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Buying a TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Default Buying a TT

Been lurking on these forums for a little while now and with spring just around the corner I'm ready to buy a new car.Im 18 yo, bought my first car last year (04 tiburon) and just sold that and i've been wanting to pick up a used TT for awhile now. Looking for for anything in the 01-04 year range and was wondering if there was anything I should know, like what I should look for when buying a TT, anything to watch out for etc etc. Figured it would be best to ask the guys who own and know about the car.

Thanks.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Buying a TT

Yes there is a lot of stuff to look for (cluster, tb mostly). Search and check out the faq as well.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Default RE: Buying a TT

Thanks for the help, found the faq on this website http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3443644
and it told me pretty much everthing I need to know. Probably should have searched for this before posting but whatever.

One question though regarding torque issues.
In the faq it says:
* Sufficient torque - this can be checked with VAG-COM. From the factory, the TT has certain torque ratings (170 - 210 depending on model). When there is a significant drop in this number, the car will not perform as it should. This is caused by excessive carbon buildup in the head, or similar issues. Carbon buildup IS a common problem, so be wise before making a purchase as it is NOT covered by any warranties!

Is there any way to resolve that issue, or check if there is excessive carbon build up present without having to purchase a VAG-COM?
I'd rather not spend an addittonal $500+ just to know if the car im buying is in good working order although I do understand it's a worthwhile investment and will buy it if neccessary.

sorry for all the noob questions, don't really know a whole lot about cars except for a gr.10 auto class i took like 4 years ago in highschool which i slept through.