Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Map lights and the central lock switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 09:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Map lights and the central lock switch

Hi!

I’m hoping someone can help. I’ve located an old post here in the forum with the exact same problem, however it didn’t have any replies. Here’s what I have. On a recently purchased 2002 TT Quattro 225 Roadster, I do not have 12v power to the map lights or full-on dome setting when my doors are closed. When a door is open, the lights come on. I’ve bench tested the light/button panel, and it’s fine. Also tried another light/switch panel at the start of the troubleshoot. My second problem; my center panel lock switch illuminates (as it should) when the doors are closed, but doesn’t function. The switch works fine, however, when either door is open. Everything else (remote locking, alarm, window movement when the doors are open) work fine.

Any ideas would be great? I’ve yet to scan the CCM for faults.

thanks in advance!

Old 08-01-2019, 12:45 AM
1st Gear
Question Interior reading lights

I have a 2001 Audi TT 1.8 Convertible. I have the same problem. My interior lights will not come on when the doors are shut. Everything else works. I replaced the light unit (8N7947111) twice and they still do not work. The console lock switch is lit and when it is pushed you can hear the door lock react but not lock or unlock. The key fob lock/unlock does not work nor the fob trunk unlock. The interior lights do come on when the door is opened and when the door is closed they stay on for 5 seconds and go out, which is fine. The interior console trunk unlock switch and gas lid work. The windows do their thing correctly up/down when doors are opened and closed).
Again everything works but the following:
Interior reading lights when the doors are closed.
The console door lock/unlock button.
The door unlock/lock and trunk unlock on the key fob.
I just put in a new CCM and had a new key fob programmed. The mechanic says that it must be some wiring or door switch. I don't want to pay the mechanic for something I can do, but before I tear into the door panel does anyone have any other ideas. Between the 2 interior light units and overseas shipping, I've spent too much on this problem. I can get by with the physical keys to lock and unlock the doors, but this must be something I am missing.