B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

just a couple questions....

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:36 PM
1st Gear
Default just a couple questions....

I am just wondering why it seems like the majority of people on here are so stuck on keeping our A4's stock looking?? You can see what I've done with mine, but my pics are "in the process" pics...i'm going to smooth out the front bumper and mold the rear to my bumper and enclose everything so that my exhaust ends, and exits below and before my bumper....I guess what I don't understand and am asking, is why is everyone is so concerned with keeping everything looking stock, and exactly the same as everyone else's car. I.E.( silver A4, & black on black) I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anthing, just think people need to think a little outside the B5 box on everything. The last meet I saw in my area had a line of blacked out B5 a4's with the same looks.....why put money into your car if it looks like everyone else's? Just my 2 cents...I will always own an Audi because in my opinion they are the best car out there. Just had to get this off my chest...shoulda been in the "chatterbox" thread, but I want people to read it. lol

Old 06-01-2010, 11:45 PM
2nd Gear

i think that in my case, i love the sport OEM+ look.. i just wanna accentuate the pieces this 99 has versus making it look different than what the car is.. i def can appreciate people who make their car a one off piece of machinery, its just not for me.. i want a car that looks like its a sportier souped up version of the b5 a4.. its clean, sharp.. just love the look.. to each their own right?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Administrator

I am all about being different in some cases, or at least achieving the results in a different manner, as long as it's not at the expense of taste. I think that for example, when it comes to headlights, the OEM lights are some of the cleanest and best-functioning lights out there, which are two of the reasons they're recommended by so many over the use of halo lights. Reasons like that tend to drive a lot of people back to OEM. We are lucky that Audi makes some really good looking and functional parts that we can tuen to.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:16 AM
1st Gear

Thank you for the response so far. I totally agree that Audi makes the best car out there, and when I upgrade to the B6 or B8 next summer it will be mostly stock because they keep everyhting 10 times better than what any other car company tries to do with aftermarket. Guess I was just a little upset that I'm trying not to do like everyone else is with keeping it stock, because I like having a car that looks like "mine". And most seem to automatically go into saying it looks like a "ricer". I woill never do that, just wanted to put up my in between pics. And i'm not going for speed since I have the 2.8. lol....just want it to look good in the end and will put more pics up after I finish the bodywork. Appreciate the opinions though

Last edited by traviskinslow; 06-02-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:19 AM
1st Gear

and my wheels aren't something i purchased...they were on it when I bought it. I will never again have 20" chrome wheels on an Audi. lol

Old 06-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Personally, I like keeping things stock to achieve the clean look. I have gone through stages with the B5 eversince the day I purchased it. At one point, I even had a full on Rieger kit on the thing.

Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I realize how clean and simple the stock body lines are. This is why I prefer the OEM+ look like most of the people here. Although I agree with you on putting some "signatures" on the car.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:37 PM
2nd Gear

I think its that we can appreciate the subtle changes we make in our cars. We don't need a huge body kit that may have been expensive or something like that for people to know about our enthusiasm. My only exception is a set of schmidt rims lol. But seriously, its our attention to the little details and care for the big details that make our cars awesome.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

I keep mine semi-stock do to it looks best, Wings are points less and most after market body kits ARE RICER looking! So what does that leave? I mean S4 upgrades and doing your own thing with wheels and height!

Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

I would say that most of the bumpers for our cars look good but its when you have a full kit on it ie. the rieger kit, it looks more ricer. I personally love the look of my RSR bumper now that i have it. just have to order the paint now.