B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

hpfp question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 06:57 PM
1st Gear
Default hpfp question

... well after numbeous p0089 s... and check engine light every couple of days....... i think ima have to replace the hpfp my q is i know ppl who have changed that and they still get the code. i think i actually need it cuz its starting to cut out bad.......... so ima prolly go ahead with it. not tryin to get ripped from the dealer... 550 i think. i saw them online for 300 or so.....stock.... but i have replaced the cam follower (with lil wear if any) and cam looked good...... but i pulled the pump before so im tryin to save sum money by no getting changed 190 dollars and hr labor...... but is the pump replacement just a bolt on and thats it. or is there sumthing that has to be done computer wise?......... if u just change the pump and go im good but thought id inquire

Old 04-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Certified

Dood i'm pretty sure thats the fault for the low fuel pressure sensor.....

When you get the cam issues..... you generally start to notice a lack of performance on acceleration along with fuel faults..... especially since you said you already replaced the follower

Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by diggs
... well after numbeous p0089 s... and check engine light every couple of days....... i think ima have to replace the hpfp my q is i know ppl who have changed that and they still get the code. i think i actually need it cuz its starting to cut out bad.......... so ima prolly go ahead with it. not tryin to get ripped from the dealer... 550 i think. i saw them online for 300 or so.....stock.... but i have replaced the cam follower (with lil wear if any) and cam looked good...... but i pulled the pump before so im tryin to save sum money by no getting changed 190 dollars and hr labor...... but is the pump replacement just a bolt on and thats it. or is there sumthing that has to be done computer wise?......... if u just change the pump and go im good but thought id inquire
diggs - hold your horses....

Check with AoA first. I just read this on the AudiWorld forums...

imtimmy 04-24-2011, 01:24 AM
UPDATE: While contacting AOA 2 days ago and discussing the dipped headlamp issue my car has been having since 45k miles, I brought up the cam issue again with them. They have decided to honor the warranty they issued for dipped headlamps back in DEC. '10 I had documentation stating that the headlamp dipped code is on... and a replacement for $450 on my service invoice from when I was still under warranty back in 9/09. They are replacing my xenon headlamp at no charge. Audi rep. also mentioned there might be a new campaign for cam follower, hpfp, camshaft issue. There IS a campaign in the works and my car is at the dealership being fixed. She mentioned that the campaign is still so new and that Audi is still working on sending out the details for it. This news made my year. I have been driving the car broke for the last 20k miles with one dipped headlamp usually. Hopefully I will have no hassles from the dealership for payment or bad service.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:31 PM
1st Gear

nah.. ive had it at many audi dealerships and they replace the sensor i think your talking about.. it does nothing....come right back on..... but i think the pump might actually be fuct. cuz it feels wose than usual. the last 5 k..... i woulda replaced the pump but i hear pp on here saying they do and they still get the code. the audi rep told. me its def. the pump............. i shoulda said ok what guarntee do i have if it doesnt fix it.... car runs drives fine though

Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 PM
2nd Gear

Most likely not the pump. Check over on the GTI MKV forum or Vortex and get a used one for $50 to $100. People who upgrade to the APR pump usually sell theirs off. I bought one to use as a pump for APR to rebuild so I would not have any downtime. Now would be a good time to go stage 2 plus if you are going to swap the pump anyway. The pump is very easy to change so I would spend any money on labor if you have any mechanical ability.

I have one I would sell since I did not go stage 2 plus on the Audi if you need a used one. Buying a new one would be a waste especially if it is not your problem.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

well im am just going by what there telling me. lol i know how that is.. but i had cert. audi techs when the timming belt was done said the cam follower and all that looked good........ i replaced the follower at 60 and again at 100 (when i got the belt done). and it didnt even have a mark on it. when i drive it it does seem like its cutting out at some points. idk. def tryin to figure this one out. as far as audi doing a recall. theyl prob do it. after i spend a grand fixing it..lol