S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Turbos Just Blew Some K04 Uprade Q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 AM
2nd Gear

try other forums classified sections as well seeing as how ecs just had a ridiculous sale on right side egts. people should be trying to resell them. you just have to file a little piece of plastic off to get them to fit on the left.

someone posted this a while back. dont know how well it works.
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=168781

Old 06-25-2011, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

Ok, so I had to drive my sister from the airport yesterday and didn't have time to try and get a single sensor so I broke down and dropped 550 bucks for a pair from the stealership. However when I opened the kit one was black and one was brown. I told em I had early model and that both the old ones were black but they looked up my vin and assured me sometimes they change colors and it was the right kit. It was the only place/dealer that had any egt sensors in stock so i just bought it. He told me the black one was driver and brown was passenger. So I just decided to change both (especially since u said there was just a sale). Switched driver side first installed the new black one no problems(17mm crows foot = life saver lol). Went to other side and the new brown egt wire was way shorter and the plugs didn't match so obviously it's a late version. So I hada use the old egt from the driver side and now everything works no codes, she's running beautifully. My question is did that stupid dealership **** up and sell me the wrong kit? Or is this how Audi sells it even though the guy told me it's pass and driver for my car? It'd be nice to take those a holes to small claims court and try and get half my money back or a new black sensors. And obviously I can't return it because it's a kit and I already installed one of em. Thanks again for all the help throughout all this.

Oh and here's the kit # 078 998 124 B

Last edited by Rpepper; 06-25-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:46 AM
2nd Gear

audi dealership is wrong all the time here with my parts. they sent me a printout of the oil temp sensor on my 2.7 and sent me a pic of the one on the 2.8. so just because its a dealer doesnt mean they are 100% right. ive been in the business way too long, NO one is ever 100% right everytime..

Old 07-06-2011, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

Hey again all, worked everything out with the dealer. Pressure tested system and no leaks. Still haven't got around to posting logs(waiting to use a friends laptop). My only concern at this point is that ever since the build, with vasts stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel I get a little grinding noise around 1800 or 1900 rpms that only lasts aabout a second, on all gears when shifting normally at around 3k but when shifting at higher rpms it doesn't because it doesn't fall below 2k. Also when I'm in traffic and put it in 2nd at lower rpms and slowly accelerate there is no noise. I'm afraid to punch it after a normal shift cuz I don't wanna blow anything but once I hit 2k I'm good to go. I broke the cluth in for around500 miles even though its a ceramic hybrid and others say about a tank of gas. However when I first i installed everything a sensor came off the TBB on the highway and had a limp it home grinding second gear once for a short second but other than that no issues. A buddy of mine installed the clutch while I did turbos he's a proffesional mechanic and has installed clutches on a4's before so I think that's all installed correct. At first I didn't think much of it but now its pissing me off its like a quick rubbing grinding noise a lot less intense than an under shift but similar I'll try and record it on my phone and post it. Ima go play around with it right now and hopefully don't **** anything up. Any suggestions?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

OK just got done testing and a big part of the problem was me lazy shifting I gotta pay more attention. However there is still a very slight grinding around those rpms especially if I shift and that's where it ends up i n next gear or if I slow down in gear around there and hit the gas I'll get it for a quick milisecond. Its prolly nothing I just gotta make sure its totally in gear before I let out clutch in all situations.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:51 PM
1st Gear
Default More Fing Problems

Well I ended up returning the EGT sensors to the dealership and got a used one on here. It had a F at the end of the part # instead of D like the other black ones dont know if that matters. Installed it and everything seemed to be running fine however I never really got to open it up. Checked with vagcom and no codes. Drove it back up north 3 1/2 hours and was driving it pretty hard but I don't even know what a perfect running s4 should feel like at this point cuz of all my problems. Now it's for sure not holding, peaks at 22 and falls down to 15 and its just really sporatic. It also seems like I can kinda hear a louder noise almolst a little clicking but its hard to tell coming from drivers side of engine (where new egt is) maybe a loose hose down by turbo? I pressure tested a couple weeks ago and fixed the only F-hose leak but ima go test it again just to make sure.

Finally got a laptop and did some 3rd gear tests along with check for fault codes. It first came up with a bunch of misfire codes like in cyl 5 but like an idiot I cleared those b/c i was just about to do a 3rd gear test and they have not come back yet. I could only get the vcds lite to work so I could only do some logs but here they are:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...MxMGc&hl=en_US
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...hnTEE&hl=en_US
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...dRRkE&hl=en_US

Man at first it was fun getting all this stuff together and getting to know how audi's work and what not but now it's just a major fing pain in my *** lol. I'm not at my house so I don't have any of my tools and I have to have parts shipped here also I have a doctors appointment 2 hours away on Friday so I don't know if I should just try and limp my car home (the doc appointment is on the way back to my house) and risk somthing happening or try and get it towed or what. Any help would help